August 2019 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Things to Know About the Biggest Chip Ever Built August 21, 2019Startup Cerebras has built a wafer-size chip for AI, but it isn’t the only one possibleSamuel K. Moore
- Too Many Health Wearables and Apps Are Digital Snake Oil August 21, 2019We need stronger regulations to determine which devices are medically legitStacey Higginbotham
- Detecting Fake Pills With Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance August 21, 2019A technique once considered for explosives detection might save more lives if used to verify the integrity of medicinesSoumyajit Mandal
- How Robotics Teams Are Solving the Biggest Problem at DARPA’s Subterranean Challenge August 21, 2019Supporting long-range communications inside of a mine is extremely difficult, so DARPA SubT teams are trying out some creative approachesEvan Ackerman
- Waymo Offers a Peek Into the Huge Trove of Data Collected by Its Self-Driving Cars August 21, 2019Academic researchers can build models on labeled data gathered by Waymo’s fleet of self-driving carsPhilip E. Ross
- 6 Things to Know About the Biggest Chip Ever Built August 21, 2019
- Farmer's threat prompts U.S. Agriculture Department to pull staff from crop tour
- Oil prices rise after U.S. crude stocks draw
- Japan says gaps remain with U.S. on trade after 'very tough' talks
- Trump attacks Ford Motor for not backing fuel economy rollback
- Asia shares find support, still waiting on stimulus
- Fed was divided on rate cut, wanted to avoid appearing on path for more cuts
- Over Fed minutes, a Trump-shaped shadow
- Nordstrom beats profit estimates as it clears inventory faster and sells more online
- E-cigarette firms probed over health concerns by U.S. House panel
- Target shares surge on same-day delivery boost
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- BofA CEO Moynihan plays down fears of U.S. recession: CNBC August 21, 2019Bank of America Corp Chief Executive Officer Brian Moynihan on Wednesday played down fears of a potential U.S. recession, saying strong consumer spending could keep the economy growing.
- New York City can limit art vendors in popular parks: appeals court August 20, 2019New York City rules limiting the number of art and book vendors in four popular Manhattan parks are constitutional, a state appeals court ruled on Tuesday, overturning an injunction against the rules.
- British conservationists work to restore acclaimed slavery painting August 19, 2019Ahead of the annual remembrance day for the abolition of the slave trade, art conservationists are working to restore a rare painting of a kneeling African slave to go on display in the British port city of Liverpool.
- BofA CEO Moynihan plays down fears of U.S. recession: CNBC August 21, 2019
- Tiny Nevada town near secretive Area 51 braces for alien hunters
- Artists use street murals to change image of violent Caracas slum
- 'People who love life and music' - dance parties return to Baghdad
- Historic Budapest synagogue to reopen amid Jewish cultural revival
- Samoans ink painful bond with their motherland